Programme 2016 - 2017
7.30pm in the Village Hall
- Thursday January 19th – Joe Clark – Botswana Safari
Described by the Telegraph as 'The best Safari in Africa'. Joe will present an illustrated talk of a journey to this landlocked country with its diverse terrain and animals.
- Thursday February 2nd – Jens-Peter Voss (Consul) – The Refugee Crisis: a German Perspective
Germany has increased its population by over one million. How can they cope with accommodation, integration, and all the other problems and still maintain an open door policy
- Thursday February 16th – Dr Jennifer Foster – Medical Care on the Amazon
Many remote Communities on the Amazon have little or no access to healthcare provision. Jennifer describes her work on a shallow draught medical ship Amazon Hope.
- Thursday March 2nd – Arran Johnston – The Scottish Diaspora.
Author and historian Arran will detail why and where Scottish emigrés and their descendants are to be found worldwide together with remnants of their Scottish culture and language.
This meeting will be preceded by the AGM.
- April 2017 - Outing to Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
Gifford Society Committee: Sandy Buchan (Secretary Tel 01620 811058, email